Sunday, January 19, 2014

Rhythm


"Everything in the universe has a rhythm, everything dances." Maya Angelou


We ended a busy day with a dance party taught by dancers who are more proficient at shaking a leg than us.





The next morning I ventured out to an outreach and Jeff went to the recording studio with Victor who is an amazing musician and being.

The outreach I attended was motivating, inspiring, and ended with as surprise group facilitation of a trauma group. Magdaline who was teaching the outreach told the group about the trauma classes I've been teaching to the Africa Yoga Project teachers and then she opened it up for the group to ask me questions and share.  They shared and shared and I could have easily been there for half of a day. Now my project for next year is formulated, I will co-teach in the outreaches with the teachers about trauma and coping skills.
















While in the outreach the children kept on drawing my attention outside and you can see why, right?



After the outreach we headed to Gracious School for our last outreach on this adventure. Jeff and Victor taught music and the children loved it. They thanked us for coming back yet a third time and we promised to see them next year.  




















And I had to say goodbye to my sweet girl, Marcy. Her sister asked me if I'd bring her home with me and when I realized that I'm not Madonna or Angelina I knew I couldn't just pick her up and take her. Until next time, Marcy. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment